This wasn’t how any of us thought we would celebrate the first Saturday of spring, but together we will get through this pandemic. If you have visited a grocery store you know some supplies are limited. Our Farmers Market on Winecoff School road will OPEN each Saturday to help our neighbors obtain fresh vegetables, meats, and other products. All other markets are currently closed.
On Saturday our market will be open with a few changes:
- We have suspended any food sampling
- Our merchants will offer hand sanitizer when possible
- Disinfecting wipes will be used on payment devices
We encourage our visitors to patient:
- If you are 65 or older, individuals with preexisting conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and lung disease we suggest you ask a neighbor or family member to shop for you.
- Stay home if you or someone in your household is sick.
- Maintain social distancing of six feet per person for non-family members while waiting in line.
- Wash hands when you return home with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
This week the Secretary of the NC Department of Health and Human Services clarified that Farmers Markets are included in the essential services classification along with grocery stores. The Piedmont Farmers Market will continue to follow state-mandated directives on issues such as social distancing or crowd size for your safety. We are committed to remaining open to being a dependable source of proteins and groceries for our community.